Science Video Contest
Make a video of your science project or experiment.
Upload it to the Twin.kle website, and tell your teacher before June 8th!
The best videos will win big prizes!
FOR STUDENTS IN GRADE ONE AND TWO:
1. Can you stand on a paper cup without breaking it?
- You must be standing with both feet on the cup/cups
- You can use 18 cups maximum
2. Can you design a working bridge?
- The bridge must be at least 30cm long
- It must be made of pieces put together
- The bridge must hold weight in the middle
3. Can you design a paper airplane to fly the farthest?
- It must be made of paper
- No other materials can be used except for paper and tape.
FOR STUDENTS IN GRADE THREE TO FIVE:
1. Can you make a water filter?
- Store bought filter are not allowed
- You must be able to make dirty water more clean
2. Can you design a self-powering boat?
- No electric motors or other forms of electrical assistance is allowed
- No outside power sources allowed
3. Can you design a parachute for an egg?
- The fall must be more than 2 meters
- Containers must weigh less than 5 lbs. or 2.27 kg
- No electronics (no drones)
- Egg must be unbroken on landing
There will be three prizes given.
Three for Grades 1 and 2, and three for Grade 3 - 5.
PRIZE ONE: MOST ENTERTAINING
The winner of this prize made the most exciting and engaging video. The video was fun and funny!
PRIZE TWO: MOST EDUCATIONAL
The winner of this prize taught the audience the most. Their video was the most informative!
PRIZE THREE: MOST EXPERIMENTAL
The winner of this prize made the most interesting and unique experiment. They approached the topic creatively!